Want to go even DEEPER into gradients??
Learn to use gradients with more complex drafts - beyond plain weave and 4-shaft straight twill!
Gorgeous Gradients Deep-Dive takes place immediately after Gorgeous Gradients, and is two additional weeks of study available exclusively to Gorgeous Gradients students.
Gorgeous Gradients Deep-Dive takes place
immediately after Gorgeous Gradients,
and is two additional weeks of study
available exclusively to Gorgeous Gradients students.
Here’s how they differ:
Gorgeous Gradients teaches everything you need to know to create beautiful gradients in the two most common weave structures, plain weave and 4-shaft straight twill.
Gorgeous Gradients Deep-Dive goes deeper. It explains the color theory behind color patterning + structural patterning, so you can combine color gradients and complex drafts without getting chaos.
Better yet - you'll learn how to design and create beautiful gradients using more complex drafts, that will REALLY knock people’s socks off!
Here’s what you’ll learn in the Deep-Dive:
Deep-Dive Week 1 (November 5-11):
Usually, when you have a complicated design in the warp or weft - like a color gradient - plus a complex draft, you get visual chaos. That's why people recommend "Keep the colors simple" if you have a complex draft. But it doesn't have to be this way! You can get GORGEOUS results if you know how to align complex colors with a complex draft. Week One will explain how.
In Week One, you'll discover what factors make a gradient and color palette coordinate beautifully with, or make hash out of, your beautiful draft. Once you understand that, you'll understand how to mix complex drafts with equally complex gradients with beautiful results.
- Discover how your color gradient will interact with the draft patterning, so you can predict whether a gradient will work in advance.
- Learn to mix complex drafts with complicated gradients and get WOW! (not a mess!)
- Know how to pick drafts to complement each of the six types of gradients: linear, curved, Fibonacci, striped, gradient-dyed yarn, and bundled-thread color gradients.
Deep-Dive Week 2 (November 12-19):
This week, we'll talk about structural tricks and color mixing. There are three main topics: drafts that separate warp and weft colors, which can be used to design with colors that might otherwise conflict; the creation of AMAZING reversible gradients in certain types of drafts; and tricks with mini-gradients to totally transform the look of a draft.
- Color wizardry: how to pick drafts that free you to use ANY colors for your gradients - WITHOUT getting mud!
- REVERSIBLE gradients with complex drafts: gradients that look different on the front and back of the cloth! It's like getting two gorgeous projects in one!
- Discover how to combine draft motifs and color gradients to create amazing new designs.
Plus MORE weekly demos, weekly Q&As, and access to the live community!
In Gorgeous Gradients Deep-Dive, you’ll achieve true gradient mastery!
GORGEOUS GRADIENTS DEEP-DIVE